Position: Chief Financial Officer - Salary – Open - NYC
Reporting to: Treasurer / Chief Executive Officer
Date Created: October 2017
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Summary of Position: Summarize the job function.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will lead the financial operations of the organization. The CFO will be responsible for overseeing the budgeting process, asset/liability management, accounting, financial reporting and forecasting. The CFO will also oversee Financial Operations staff, who perform Accounting and operational functions of the organization.
Essential Functions: Provide a detailed list of the primary job responsibilities.
1. Participate in the strategic planning process, as a member of the Senior Management Team.
2. Provide leadership, training and direction with regard to financial and organizational goals.
3. Manage asset/liability management function and chair ALCO committee.
4. Prepare budgeting and forecasting models.
5. Analyze financial data to measure the progress of the Credit Union toward its stated goals.
6. Review trends and variances to identify challenges and opportunities and recommend strategies for improvement as appropriate.
7. Develop and implement strategic initiatives to improve profitability while limiting undue risk.
8. Manage the cash management program to maximize yield on assets while meeting liquidity requirements and report to ALCO and the Board of Directors.
9. Manage and monitor the Credit Union’s investment portfolio to ensure the investment portfolio consistent with credit union policies and regulations, monitors investment broker performance and investment product suitability for prevailing economic conditions and Credit Union’s ALM strategy.
10. Establish and implement policies, procedures and practices to support strategies while complying with regulatory guidance, accounting standards and best industry practices.
11. Establish and implement operating procedures to ensure proper internal controls in accounting and operation related areas.
12. Direct the preparation of financial reports and communications to ensure accuracy, timeliness and maximum effectiveness in presentation.
13. Provide financial records as required by the Board, Supervisory Committee, ALCO, external auditors, regulatory agencies, and others.
14. Manage staff and oversee all aspects of training, development and performance.
15. Communicate changes in procedures to staff and colleagues.
16. Attend Board Meetings.
17. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Qualifications: Describe the required qualifications for this position.
1. Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
2. Understanding of GAAP.
3. Keen attention to detail.
4. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships.
5. Ability to effectively and clearly communicate in the English language.
6. Strong working knowledge of Excel.
7. Exceptional written and verbal presentation skills.
8. Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
9. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Requirements: List below specific background, education and training necessary for this job.
1. Bachelors Degree with concentration in Finance and/or Accounting.
2. Graduate Finance degree or MBA preferred.
3. CPA designation or equivalent work experience.
4. Minimum five years of experience as a CFO or other senior financial role at a financial institution.