Position: Chief Lending Officer – Salary Open
Reporting to: Treasurer/CEO
Date Created: October 2017
Summary of Position: Summarize the job function.
Responsible for all aspects of lending, including credit risk management, strategic growth, and loan operations in the areas of consumer, taxi medallion, residential mortgage, and commercial lending.
Essential Functions: Provide a detailed list of the primary job responsibilities.
1. Serve as principal advisor to Management and the Board of Directors on all aspects of lending, including credit risk management, loan operations and strategy.
2. Monitor and manage PCU’s loan portfolio.
3. Develop and implement systems, risk controls, policies and procedures in line with regulatory requirements, institution policies and targets.
4. Develop and implement revisions to policies, procedures, processes and portfolio management functions to minimize losses based on market conditions and evolving risk strategies.
5. Identify and develop long term strategies that will include initiatives such as portfolio mix, diversification, growth strategies, market penetration, and risk mitigation objectives.
6. Review and reevaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Credit Union’s risk rating methodology.
7. Keep abreast of changing legislative and regulatory climate and initiate appropriate changes to the bank’s lending processes
8. Manage lending staff responsible for loan origination, credit analysis, loan modifications, workouts, and TDRs.
9. Maintain effective communications with regulators, examiners, and auditors and provide timely tracking, fulfillment and responses to examination and audit exceptions.
10. Liaise with attorneys, brokers, and other third party representatives/referral sources.
11. Recommend new loan products, program offerings, marketing materials, lending strategies, software enhancements, and methods of service delivery.
12. Improve lending and marketing promotion practices that will achieve stated goals.
13. Participate as a member of Loan Delinquency, Loan Review, and ALM Committees.
14. Attend Pipeline Meetings.
15. Attend Board Meetings as needed.
16. Perform other credit union functions and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Qualifications: Describe the required qualifications for this position.
• Extensive knowledge of commercial credit analysis and portfolio management.
• Proven strong financial analysis and loan underwriting skills.
• Extensive loan workout experience.
• Strong background in lending laws and regulations applicable to credit unions.
Requirements: List below specific background, education and training necessary for this job.
• Bachelor degree required. MBA preferred.
• Formal credit training preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of comprehensive commercial lending experience
• Previous senior level management in the financial services industry with cross-functional management responsibilities is required.
• Loan workout experience.