Paralegal, Legal Team, AVP Level
Supports the General Counsel and the associate counsels in all aspects relating to the conduct of the Legal Department. Maintains the books and records of subsidiary companies and prepares annual reports and filings. Reviews credit approvals and prepares basic loan documentation using Bank forms in accordance with Bank guidelines for in-house counsel’s review and sign-off. Ensure all such documentation meets approved standards in relation to loan and collateral documentation. Supports Compliance efforts relating to the Legal Department’s role in that process. Prepare litigation reports and compilations for Head Office and regulatory examinations. Handles, researches, compiles and negotiates legal process matters including litigation, levies, estate notices and subpoenas received by the Bank. Supports the preparation and monitoring of the Department’s annual operating budget.
1. Prepare basic loan documentation for certain borrowers including new loans and renewals, using Bank’s forms for in-house counsel’s review and sign-off.
2. Receives, tracks, researches, compiles and negotiates all legal process notices received by the Bank, e.g. levies, restraining notices, information subpoenas, judicial subpoenas, grand jury subpoenas, orders of attachment, income execution notices, decedent account matters.
3. Assist Lawyers with special projects.
4. Maintaining the books and records of subsidiary companies and preparing annual reports and filings.
5. Provide compliance support efforts relating to the Legal Department’s role in that process.
6. Prepare litigation reports and track outside counsel’s role in external litigation and legal process matters.
7. Provide support to the General Counsel in the preparation and monitoring of the Department’s annual operating budget.
8. Perform all other duties as may be requested from time to time by the General Counsel QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED:
Familiarity with relevant state, federal and other governmental agency laws and regulations for financial institutions.
Must have knowledge of legal research tools and techniques and online search experience. Must have knowledge of computer application to meet job requirements
Familiarity with BSA/AML/OFAC laws, regulations and requirements, as well as a strong general knowledge of bank operations.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION:
Experience Needed: Five to Seven years’ experience in financial services, litigation services and/or the audit industry.
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree required.