Job Title: Asset/Liability &Treasury Analyst Department: Accounting
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer Status: Exempt
BASIC FUNCTION: The Treasury Analyst is responsible for performing analytical and operational duties in support of the Treasury activities of the Bank and provides assistance and backup to the Chief Financial Officer as directed. Also performs a variety of routine daily tasks.
1. Responsible for all cash management operations such as daily cash position, borrowing activities, monitoring liquidity risk, monitoring and testing of contingency funding plan including early warning indicators, and cash/liquidity forecasting.
2. Continually review all cash management activities; provide recommendations for controls, process and systems improvements and implement best practices.
3. Responsible for the production of Interest Rate Risk (IRR) analysis and reporting including Net Interest Income Simulation and Economic Value of Equity.
4. Contribute to the preparation of risk metrics and reporting for the Asset/Liability Committee (ALCO). Reporting to ALCO includes cash flow forecasts, interest rate environment, projections regarding product interest rate spreads and rate shock analyses; monthly loan, securities, and deposit volume and rates and ad hoc analyses.
5. Enhance IRR reporting capabilities and controls.
6. Assist in implementing new regulatory requirements.
7. Design queries to analyze large volumes of data from multiple sources to create financial and operational reports.
8. Maintain investment portfolio information. Prepare analysis and projections on individual investments that may be considered for purchase.
9. Collateral monitoring.
10. Play a vital role in the annual budgeting process; coordinate materials and gather necessary financial data; create reports, graphs and charts; assist with the preparation and coordination of reports and presentation.
11. Play a vital role in the monthly analyses of product/line of business profitability. Review methodology to improve and enhance results.
12. Conduct cost/benefit analysis and/or breakeven analysis for various projects assigned by CFO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work in a results driven environment and be skilled in performing complex analysis.
1. Keen attention to detail and ability to work independently.
2. Strong analytic, creative thinking and problem solving skills.
3. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
4. Excellent organizational, multitasking and prioritizing skills.
5. Proficiency in MS Office required and Fiserv banking software a plus.
6. Knowledge of various Federal Regulations and Bank accounting policies and procedures.
7. Ability to make decisions with sound and accurate judgment.
8. Ability to maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field.
2. 2-5 years experience in Treasury Operations, Finance or Asset/Liability Management.
3. Experience related to key Treasury functions including liquidity management, capital management, asset liability management, fund transfer pricing, funding plan projections and contingent funding plans.
4. Experience building financial models in the financial services industry and managing large amounts of data, identifying quality issues and recommending solutions.
5. Knowledge in the latest regulatory developments in liquidity, capital and interest rate risk in the banking industry.
6. Experience in performing cost analysis of financial products and services.