Job Title: head of domestic banking
DEPARTMENT: DOMESTIC BRANCH
REPORTING TO: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
- Manage the implementation of new deposit products and strategies that are within the Bank’s risk profile.
- Obtain low cost domestic deposits by enhancing existing and developing new client deposit products and relationships.
- Manage the domestic branch area and ensure domestic deposit clients are serviced appropriately with the necessary deposit products.
- Assist in managing the Bank’s liquidity profile related to deposits and their relative cost of funds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the domestic deposit business, with the following primary goals:
- Work closely with the Bank’s loan originators to market and close new deposit relationships, both for new borrowers as well as existing borrowers.
- Manage the implementation process of new deposit products and services.
- Work closely with loan originators to market and close new deposit relationships..
- Obtain new domestic deposits from your personal network (if possible).
- Oversee a website redesign process to drive new deposits and account openings.
- Track, analyze, and report domestic deposit activity to senior management and create MIS reports, as needed.
- Manage domestic client deposit concentrations within Board approved limits.
- Work with the compliance area to complete the necessary due diligence documentation required for domestic deposit clients.
- Understand all policies and procedures related to domestic branch operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in obtaining and managing client domestic deposit relationships.
- Four year college degree.
- Excellent understanding of bank deposit products, branch operations, CIP/KYC requirements and overall anti-money laundering compliance, as well as deposit related consumer compliance regulations.
- Excellent sales, marketing, and management skills.