Senior Level Accountant ( Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller)
Salary $85k to $100k + Bonus and excellent benefits.
Growing Bank is looking for an Accountant with 7 to 10 years of experience in Banking.
This candidate will work closely with the Controller and interface with CFO on a daily basis.
Must also be able to work on projects independently
Background with Federal Reports a must and in addition 10K and 10Q would be a big plus.
Assist with month end close and income and expense reports.
Work with Budgets and prepare reports for senior management.
Degree in Accounting or Finance with Accounting minor preferred.
• Experience with FDICIA/Sox implementation
• Assists with regulatory reporting, footnotes of the 10K and 10Q
• Prepares and submits Call Report FFIEC 041
• Simplifying, preparing, analyzing and examining FR 2900 weekly regulatory report, substantially reducing errors
• Implemented a Captive which receives a half million tax benefit
• Maintained required balances in correspondent banks’ accounts by proper funding
• Managing bank’s overall daily funds position and maintaining positive balances in bank accounts
• Forecasting and maintaining daily cash flows for investment purposes
• Maintaining FRB reserve requirement, avoiding penalties, overdrafts or excess balances
• Assist with preparation of consolidating entries, elimination
• Controls Budget process for all subsidiaries
• Prepare accounting records relative to the Bank parent and passive subsidiaries
• Perform compliance testing. Perform and maintain records of quarterly and annual testing of REITS for compliance with tax regulation
• Managing and maintaining a $1 billion investment portfolio by accurately recording purchases, payments and maturities
• Preparing monthly investment board package. Used by Board of Director’s to make better investment decisions
• Reconcile all Federal Reserve Bank activities
• Assist with month end close and prepare analysis of income and expenses
• Balance mixed cash letters of deposits to correspondent bank activity
• Monitor settlements for correspondent banks
• Summarize bank performance ratios and bank watch ratings in accordance with Regulation F