Sr. Credit Analyst, AVP Level, (Exempt Role), Reporting to Team Leader & SVP, Middle Market
Work in conjunction with Vice President and corporate lending officers on presentation of more complex credit proposals to New York Branch and Head Office Credit Committees. Monitor and review performance of outstanding credits. Inform New York Credit Committee of any changes in the underlying credit of borrowers. Manage relationships as well as credit analysis of new business. Perform administrative duties, as required, relating to operations of the Credit Department.
1. Participate in the initial review of credits to decide which ones fit into branch parameters and will undergo further analysis.
2. Prepare and present credit applications to New York Regional Management and International Credit Committees.
3. Review and analyze credit and financial information using public information and company furnished financial statements, projections and business plan.
4. Determine need for additional information and contact appropriate resources.
5. Prepare spreadsheet reports and financial information.
6. Make recommendations based upon creditworthiness of borrower and terms of facility.
7. Liaise with Head Office analysts in regard to applications sent to the International Credit Committee for approval.
8. Monitor current files and inform New York Credit Committee of any developing or potential problems.
9. Review credit and loan files to ensure that reporting requirements have been satisfied.
10. Maintain credit files by setting up new files and updating existing files.
11. Keep abreast of local and national economic, financial, political and legislative events and climates that could have an impact on lending activities.
12. Attend Credit Committee Meeting.
13. Undertake special projects relating to Credit Department and loan portfolio as well as perform other duties as requested by senior management.
14. Attend bank meetings and conferences with corporate lending officers.
15. Perform other duties as assigned which fall within the scope of responsibility.
QUALIFICATIONS – specific experience, knowledge and/or skills required for position.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Finance/Accounting/Economics. MBA desirable.
REQUIRED SKILLS Strong credit and financial analysis skills. Strong comprehension of credit and cash flow analysis for complex structured transactions, loan documentation and deal structure. Strong knowledge of mission statement, target markets, loan policies and credit standards. Strong written & verbal communication skills. Strong ability to multitask independently in a fluid and fast paced environment with attention to detail.
EXPERIENCE 5-7 years credit analysis & relationship management experience in a commercial middle market banking environment with formal credit training.