Team Leader, SVP Level, (Exempt Role), Reporting to EVP, Middle Market
SALARY – 220-250K
Manage team toward achievement of new business objectives in new client acquisition, cross sell and balance generation. Mentor junior team members to achieve necessary skills, setting goals, and manage staff throughout the year to achieve results. Engaged in the marketplace with COI's to directly originate business and articulate the brand and vision. Ultimately responsibility for the management of the team's credit risk and mitigation. Duties to include regular review of client financial information and compliance/covenant issues with RM's, involvement and review of all CAP's and ultimately responsible for all of the credits presented to credit committee. Responsible for the overall relationship management and customer satisfaction. Duties include regular contact with senior management of customers both on the firm and in person, and supporting RM's ability to effectively manage accounts. Manage the career development of team members to include yearly meetings to set objectives, assess results and plan for future growth. Engage other department heads to develop best collaboration and partnership to achieve our shared results. Focused on improving processes across the Bank that will allow RM's and support staff to be most effective at their respective functions. Maintain an environment of team work and collaboration amongst team and with other groups.
1. Develop, coordinate and implement a strategic sales & lending plan that clearly differentiates in the marketplace.
2. Execute sales & lending development plans to achieve overall business goals of the Bank. Continually assess progress toward these goals.
3. Assist in the development of strong relationships with key players in the community to help drive business.
4. Strategize with team to assess market position and competition opportunities. Create a positive team environment and continually strive for a high level of morale. Set challenging goals for the team and strive to help them to exceed those goals.
5. Manage the team by providing on-going feedback and develop plans for improving individual performance. Handle disciplinary issues within team; write and deliver team member reviews. Monitor the day-to-day operations of the team and team member priorities.
6. Proactively develop and maintain client relationships. Review lead sources and intelligence gleaned from peers to uncover potential opportunities.
7. Represent all products in target market area by providing personalized service to customers; responding to specific questions; addressing concerns, personal considerations and all matters relative to their investments/deposit accounts. Promote Bank products and services in an effort to generate new business or maintain existing relationships. Consult with customers to determine individual needs and risk appetite; provide financial, economic and banking information accordingly.
8. Maintain on-going dialogue and open communication with Bank personnel in the U.S. in connection with service, new business developments and account information.
9. Attend in-house meetings in order to keep abreast of market and economic trends as well as global developments related to the unit’s activity.
10. Keep abreast of market and economic developments and communicate relevant information to management and customers.
11. Perform other duties as assigned which fall within the scope of responsibility.
QUALIFICATIONS – specific experience, knowledge and/or skills required for position.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Finance/Accounting/Economics. MBA desirable.
REQUIRED SKILLS Excellent credit and financial analysis skills. Strong comprehension of credit and cash flow analysis for complex structured transactions, loan documentation and deal structure. Strong knowledge of mission statement, target markets, loan policies and credit standards. Very strong written & verbal communication skills with an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration. Manage and multitask in a fluid and fast paced environment.
EXPERIENCE 15+ years credit analysis & relationship management experience in a commercial middle market banking environment with formal credit training. Direct management & mentoring skills/experience required. Demonstrated ability to attract, retain and develop customer relationships and cultivate referral sources.