Position: Treasury and Banking Attorney
Location: New York
Salary 200K plus 20% Bonus
Bank is a global provider of alternative investment services with powerful technology and strong institutional backing. This combination provides the Company with the strength and flexibility to excel as a strategic partner to its clients. Our management team has cumulative experience exceeding 75 years in businesses related to third party financial processing and our staff turnover is among the lowest in the industry. A winning combination of proprietary technology and industry leading vendor based software places us in the position to provide a level of service beyond the reach of much of our competition.
Due to an exciting new strategic initiative underway at , we are seeking a Treasury and Banking Lawyer, to work in our New York office. is providing a wealth of new functionality to its internal and external customers and differentiating the organization in the fund administration industry.
- Assist in the negotiations of client agreements;
- Manage the closing of fund financing transactions;
- Work closely with the Credit Department to monitor changes to policies and procedures as they relate to fund financing transactions;
- Support the with standard and bespoke credit facility and banking agreements as well as client contracts including ISDA Schedules and Credit Support Annexes;
- Answer ad-hoc queries on funds and investment firm related matters;
- Updating the senior management on legal and regulatory developments and changes to the global regulatory landscape regarding alternative investment funds;
- Provide back up and support to the other team members;
- Assist with legal and banking projects as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Law/Juris Doctor degree required; licensed and in good standing in New York.
- Expertise and experience in negotiating and drafting client agreements related to credit facilities, bank account and foreign exchange trading related documentation
- Cayman-based treasury transactional experience a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of regulations that impact banks and FX counterparties including Basel II, Basel III, SEC and CFTC regulations, the Volcker Rule and FATCA/ CRS
- Knowledge of CIMA regulations
- Knowledge of other primary funds jurisdictions.