JOB SUMMARY: Work closely with the Group Compliance Head to implement Group Compliance strategies across the Branch, ensuring complete compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supervise the daily activities of the Compliance Department ensuring that all duties and responsibilities are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Understand and comply with BSA/AML Program, which includes, but is not limited to the following: (a) complying with the Customer Identification and Customer Due Diligence Policy and related Branch Operating Procedures; (b) identifying, monitoring and reporting suspicious activity and (c) completing required compliance training in a timely manner, as directed by management
3. Develop and maintain Compliance policies, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with the applicable sanctions laws.
4. Develop and maintain Compliance policies and procedures required for carrying out the activities of the Department, ensuring compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
5. Create and deliver an appropriate compliance monitoring program for the Branch, covering the full scope of compliance risks and taking into account the role of, and work done by, Internal Audit.
6. Proactively stay abreast of all regulatory requirements for operations within the Branch. Analyze the impact of international and local regulatory developments, consultation documents and regulations on Branch operations and reacting appropriately to each.
7. Work with the business units to create commercially sensitive compliance procedures and controls, provide commercially orientated compliance advice and lead or participate in relevant projects.
8. Establish goals and evaluate the performance of all direct reports.
9. Support and mentor other team members to realize their full potential, delivering compliance related technical training where required. Provide support to colleagues on compliance related matters.
10. Create a "Culture of Compliance" throughout the Branch.
11. Design and implement a Branch-wide Compliance Training Program.
12. Design and maintain methodology and co-ordinate execution of the branch-wide compliance risk assessments.
13. Provide strategic advice on compliance issues identifying likely future trends as well as current issues.
14. Ensures that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and BOPs specific to their jobs.
1. Acts as Branch Security Officer, duties shall include but not limited to the following:
" Managing Branch-wide security.
" Coordinating with the Physical Security Officer.
" Serving as liaison to state and federal agencies external to Branch.
" Reporting security compliance violation incident(s) to the General Manager.
" Escalating security issues to General Manager, Head Office and official agencies, as appropriate.
" Reviewing and approving all security corrective action plans submitted as a result of audits and compliance monitoring.
" Reviewing and approving security solutions within the Branch that address both the implementations of technology and their related processes.
" Coordinating with Department/Group Managers and General Manager regarding non-IT related security incidents.
2. Performs other duties as assigned by management as required.
Need someone that has experience with NYDFS Part 504 certification as well
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
" Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge and understanding of financial services, particularly in trade finance, corporate banking and treasury
" Thorough understanding of applicable US Laws and Banking Regulations.
" Effective written and verbal communications skills, including formal presentations.
Job Specific Skills:
" Possesses significant experience interacting with Banking Regulators, Auditors and Consultants.
" Proven background at a senior level in General and BSA/AML Compliance.
" Has a commitment to organizational excellence; displays honesty, integrity and a strong sense of ethics in all decisions and actions.
" Demonstrates hands-on, solution oriented approach and proven track record of managing compliance projects.
" Work to deadlines.
" Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate the accomplishment of articulated goals and objectives.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
" Bachelor's Degree with specialization in Business or equivalent qualification.
" ACAMS certified, but not required.
" Fluency in the English Language.
" Experience in managing / supervising