US B Regulatory Compliance
Hybrid role 3 days in the NYC Office
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join our Compliance Team. The role may be based in New York, NY, or Miami Lakes, FL. The right candidate will support the consumer regulatory compliance functions for the Bank, including the development, implementation, and maintenance of a consumer regulatory compliance program through compliance activities across various lines of business, branches, and operating departments.
- Participate in and contribute to the execution of the Compliance Program, ensuring alignment with Corporate compliance and strategic direction and recommend policy and/or actions based on internal and external industry developments for the area of responsibility.
- Serve as a compliance resource and SME (subject matter expert) to business units, internal team members, and management, providing a range of support and analysis on regulatory compliance requirements, issues, and/or best practices, including the provision of guidance in the design, development and/or enhancement of processes and controls to manage compliance risks. Serve as the subject matter expert for Popular Bank on all lending compliance-related matters, including consumer lending, mortgage, and commercial lending.
- Perform regulatory research in response to business unit compliance inquiries. Assist/support the business units on the implementation of new and amended laws and regulations.
- Identify and professionally escalate matters requiring management attention.
- Advise and consult on proposed new products, services, and initiatives regarding compliance obligations and corresponding compliance risks, and mitigating controls.
- Provide support with regulatory compliance examinations and/or compliance audits or reviews.
- Review marketing materials, disclosures, and other customer communications subject to consumer protection regulations for compliance.
- Support the issue management process for the compliance department and support the complaint management process, including the responses to consumer complaints received from regulators.
- Advise and support the business lines in the establishment and execution of action plans to address compliance deficiencies, findings, and/or recommendations of examiners, internal audits, and self-identified issues.
- Provide support to management in the execution of the annual compliance training program, including drafting training materials and conducting training as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Banking/Accounting or a related field is required.
- CRCM designation or JD is preferred.
- Minimum 7 - 10 years performing relevant regulatory compliance functions in the banking industry and in-depth knowledge of both deposit and lending products and applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to Reg. DD, Reg. E, Reg. CC, ECOA, RESPA, TILA, HMDA, & FCRA. Lending-specific compliance experience is required.
- Prior experience working with regulatory agencies, including FRB, OCC, FDIC, or CFPB.
- Ability to analyze complex laws and regulations and relate those laws to operational procedures, company policies, and industry trends.
- Bi-lingual candidate, English-Spanish speaking, a plus including the ability to speak, read and write Spanish at a collegiate level including the use of business terms.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with senior-level management.
- Ability to work independently. Excellent project management and organization skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time while being attentive to details and effectively meeting deadlines.
- Advanced analytical and highly developed critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications necessary to complete assigned tasks and projects.